Friday, May 3, 2013

DIY ~ Mason Jar Lanterns


I am making lots of extra goodies up for my Pop Up Shop I'm having soon.
I've had these mason jars kicking around for a while so I thought I would make something cute with them! :)
 
WHAT YOU NEED:
mason jars
medium thickness bendable wire
pliers
tea light candle
rice
backers twine
 


First wrap your wire around the ridges on the mason jar.
Twist ends to secure.
 
Then make a handle by looping the wire around the first piece on each side.
 


Pour some rice in the bottom of your jar and push a tea light into the center.
 

 
Tie some ribbon or backers twine in a pretty bow.
 

It's just that simple.
These are great for the yard in the evenings now that summer is so close :)
 

 
Cheers,
Messy

1 comment:

Epic Thread said...

What a fantastic idea! If I wouldn't look like a crazy person, I'd have mason jars in my house every where!

http://epic-thread.blogspot.com