Thursday, January 31, 2013

DIY ~ Stuffed Bird Prop

One of the other Choreographer's needed a stuffed bird for a Musical Theater dance she has.
 
I was pretty sure I could come up with something that would work.
This was meant to be the draft copy just to see if she liked it, but she loved "Barry" and we are keeping him.
 
Here is how I made him!
 
First I cut a the body out of the fabric that was folded in half.
 


 
Then I sewed the two pieces right sides together all around leaving a small hole at the bottom to reverse the shape.
 
Right side it in.
Iron seams flat all around.
 
 
Stuff your bird with pillow stuffing, or I used cotton balls I had under my bathroom sink!
 
 
In the hole in the bottom put in your pipecleaners for legs and hand sew the hole closed.
 
Now embellish it!!

 
Sew to black buttons on either side for eyes.
A little triangle of felt for the beak.
Two leaf shapes of felt for the wings.
Some feathers on the tail.
 
 
You can really put whatever you want on him/her.
 
Isn't Barry cute???
 
Cheers,
Messy
 


No comments: