Sunday, December 30, 2012

This Is How I Cook ~ Homemade Stuffing

I've never made homemade stuffing before.
But, I was serious about having a Christmas dinner with Tally - complete, with stuffing the bird.(Even though it was a chicken)
 
I kinda winged it and just went with my gut...
it turned out fabulous!
 
Please remember that I am cooking for two people here so you might wanna add, if not triple this stuff!
 
First I cooked some bacon in a frying pan on medium heat.
 
 
Take out and place on paper towel to soak up extra grease.
 
In your bacon fat, throw in a half of an onion and two cloves of fresh garlic.
Cook until brown.
Add spices.
I used onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
 
 
Meanwhile cut up three quarters of a Granny Smith apple peeled.
Also cut up your bacon into small bits.
Throw them in with the onion and garlic mixture.
 
 
Take 5 - 7 pieces of bread and cut into cubes.
 
 
Lower the heat of your pan and add bread to frying pan mixture.
Toss until all the cubes are coated.
 
 
Cook inside your chicken/turkey :)
 
Yummers.
 
Cheers,
Messy

1 comment:

Laurie said...

This looks tasty! I would probably eat half the bacon before I did the rest though - I love bacon! :)

I'd like to invite you to join our weekly Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop - Come link up and join the fun if you have time this weekend :)

http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_29.html