Friday, December 7, 2012

DIY ~ Christmas Leaf Ornaments

 
For Day 7 we are making
Christmas Leaf Ornaments!
 
 
This idea started because I saw them at Zeller's for $7 each and I knew I could make them cheaper!!!
 
YOU WILL NEED:
silver or gold Christmas balls
craft leaves (veins)
mod podge
old paintbrush
clear coat
ribbon
silver or gold glitter
 
 
Start by coating your Christmas balls generously with mod podge.
 
Lay your veiny leaves on and press down with your fingers until they are totally wet with mod podge.
 
 
Coat with mod podge again making sure there are as few bubbles and ripples as possible.
Sprinkle lightly with glitter.
 
Let dry over night.
 
Once set, clear coat for protection.
 
Add a ribbon bow and hanger.
 
 
Cheers,
Messy

PS: Don't forget to enter my 100 Followers Giveaway!
Check it out HERE! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am your newest follower and think your blog is super cute!! We have a similar name!! I would love a follow back at http://www.wonderfullymessymom.blogspot.com
http://www.messymomsradio.blogspot.com
I also have a radio show that I think you will love, our topics are all about being a parent, so check out the blog and listen to the archieves shows!!