Tuesday, July 17, 2012

This is How I Cook: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was craving cookies.
I was craving cookies BAD.
It was mandatory for me to get cookies in my belly RIGHT NOW.


So...what would a crafty girl do?!?
Go on Pinterest and find a cookie recipe that "speaks" to her.

And that I did.



WHAT YOU NEED:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
8 tablespoons of salted butter, melted and cooled
6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted.
Let cool completely.


Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.


In another bowl, mix the cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars until they are combined.
Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed.


Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms – it will look crumbly at first, but it will come together.
**If necessary, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk, but I did not need this.
Fold in chocolate chips.



Shape the dough into a ball the size of a golf ball.
Place on a baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.


The centers should be soft and puffy.
Do not over bake.


So yummy!!!
They were a hit at my friend Ang's housewarming party too!

Cheers,
Messy


2 comments:

B E C K Y said...

you had me at peanut butter and chocolate...

Zalia said...

I want some now! My stomach is growling at the moment!