Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Miss Travel McTravelson ~ Instanbul, Turkey

I'm starting to get near the end of my European travel posts :(
{sigh} Such an awesome trip!
Next up were leaving Greece and heading to Turkey! :)


This s BY FAR my favorite place on my whole trip.
Despite the fact that it rained for the first 2 days.

Maybe it's because it's what I imagine India to be like and since I have East Indian, I've always wanted to go and find out about my heritage and religion.
Anyhoo...
Istanbul is a magical place.



It is so busy all the time, women are completely covered and modest, men stare at you, people are constantly asking you if you want to buy something (even if it's the groceries they just bought) and the food is AMAZEBALLS!!!
I spent 2 full days in the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar shopping and exploring.

(This is my favorite photo purely cause this guy is checking me out LOL)


I bought tonnes of cool stuff including a hand painted pot holder, a piece of artwork painted on an old page of their bible, and 3 lantern stained glass lamp and my number one most coveted item of my life...
MY TURKISH RUG!!!
I walked around so much visiting all the big mosques and eating tonnes of food.
It was one of the best travelling experiences of my life.


Cheers,
Messy


3 comments:

Miss Patricia. said...

It looks beautiful. That picture cracked me up!

Shauna said...

great pictures!
I can see why this was your favorite part.

... Shauna ...
www.ShaunaWyrick.com

life_lavender said...

Great photographs! looks like you had a lot of fun :)

and i got the painting today...thanks so much i love it :)