Friday, June 20, 2014

DIY ~ Beautiful Ballet Bows

In the spirit of using stuff I have, refashioning and wearing things I don't normally...I made these super adorable ballet flats!


Years ago I bought a pair of those Dr. Scholl's foldy flats.
I didn't love them much cause I thought they looked cheap and flimsy.
Then, while browsing Pinterest, I found this cute little DIY!
Light bulb moment!
I dug out my little flats and fixed em up.

Here's how I did it!




You will need:

- pair of ballet flats
- sewing pins
- silk ribbon
-stitch ripper
- sewing machine
- scissors
- lighter or matches


Take your stitch ripper and remove any embellishments off your shoes you are upcycling!


Cut 4 equal pieces of ribbon. Peak one end of each piece.


Using a lighter or matches, very carefully slightly burn the edges to prevent them from fraying.


Pin the ribbon in the spot you would like it on each side.

Using your sewing machine, sew ribbon into place. You can hand sew it if you don’t have a machine.

 

Tie and enjoy! :)

I just love them.
What an upgrade!!!
Bet I wear them now... :)

Cheers,
Messy

***this is a repost from March 2012***

No comments: