Sunday, December 18, 2011

This Is How I Cook: Blackberry Mini Pies

Since we are away for so long over Christmas, I am trying to clean out our fridge and use up all our food. I was majorly craving dessert tonight and needed something sweet and fresh. I looked in the fridge and there wasn't many options...but I did have a pie crust left from doing my Christmas Cherry Tarts! Plus, My Paddy had bought some blackberries that were starting to wilt a little. I knew I didn't have enough berries for a whole pie and we didn't have any other fruit except for lemons. Hmmmm...so I decided to make mini pies. :) I also didn't have a recipe and have never made blackberry pie filling before...so this is what I did...


First preheat your oven to 350F. In a small bowl beat blackberries, jam (I used strawberry),  half a lemons juice,1 tbsp. cornstarch, 1/2 cup white sugar and a little vanilla extract.


Using a circle cutter cut out largest circles and put in each tin. Place 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the filling into your cup and top it off with a little shape for prettiness! :)


Use cooking spray and spray muffin tins.


Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before eating.

I whipped us up some Dream Whip as a cool side and it was delish - we each ate two! :) Yummers!

Cheers,
Messy

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Too cute! I just made some for my man (it's Valentine's day). Keep up the adorable confections!!!